When you’re choosing to hire a roofing company to put a new roof on your business, you have quite a few options available to you. But did you know that hiring a spray foam contractor in Sacramento, CA to install a spray foam insulation roof is one of your best bets? It’s true! There are numerous benefits to having a spray foam roof atop your structure. Continue reading to learn more!
- Energy efficiency: A thick layer of spray foam insulation does wonders to keep your heating costs lower in the winter and your cooling costs down in the summer. Spray foam insulation has the highest R-Value (energy rating) on the market, so you know it’s the best when it comes to saving you money on your electric bills. In fact, one study conducted by Texas A&M and Ford found that spray foam insulation paid for itself in just four and a half years through energy savings!
- Seamless: A top reason why spray foam insulation is so energy efficient is because it’s seamless. The closed-cell foam doesn’t allow any hot or cool air to get into or out of your building. In addition, the seamless installation ensures no rain or other elements can penetrate your roof during storms.
- Self-flashing: One of the biggest causes of roof leaks in both homes and businesses is due to poor flashing. Water gets into the structure through cracks in the flashing material around vents, HVAC equipment, skylights and more. If you use spray foam roofing, the foam adheres to the surface and forms a water-tight seal. It essentially serves as flashing for those hard-to-reach problem areas on a roof.
- Lightweight: When it comes to choosing a roofing system, lighter weight is typically better. So, why not choose the lightest material on the market for your insulation? One inch of spray foam insulation with a thin layer of coating weighs about 65 pounds per 100 square feet. That’s almost 10 times lighter than comparable roofing insulation systems!
- Durable: Just because your spray foam insulation is lightweight doesn’t mean it’s not able to take a beating. Spray foam won’t pack down or sag when weight is applied to it, and it has a compressive strength of 50 pounds. That’s much higher than any other type of insulation on the market. Additionally, spray foam won’t pull up from your roof and blow away in high winds.
- Long lasting: In addition to being able to take a beating from the elements and anyone walking on your roof, your spray foam roof is going to last for years and years. The coating that is applied to the top of the foam can be reapplied when needed, so you’ll never notice the foam breaking down on your roof.
So, is foam insulation roof worth it? You’d better believe it! Hiring a spray foam contractor in Sacramento, CA to install a spray foam insulation roof is one of the best choices you can make as a business owner. We guarantee that you’ll see the benefits almost immediately. Get in touch with 5 Star Performance Insulation, Inc. today to learn more!