It’s important for homeowners to choose their insulation materials wisely to ensure comfort and effectiveness for years to come. Take spray foam insulation, for example—once installed, you’ll notice your house staying cool in the summer and warm in the winter for longer without having to run the air conditioner or heater all the time.
Here are a few reasons why foam insulation in Sacramento, CA is a great investment for homeowners:
- Reduces energy waste: Everyone knows that leaving doors and windows open allows the indoor air to escape and outdoor temperatures to get in. The same thing happens when your home’s walls, attic space, crawlspaces and subflooring are not properly sealed. Air sealing these spaces helps to significantly reduce energy waste, because now the air from the heater or air conditioner cannot escape.
- Lowers utility bills: As soon as foam insulation is installed, homeowners are delighted to see an immediate improvement in their indoor comfort. They also report receiving lower energy bills after investing in spray foam insulation, which is not surprising since this type of insulation is fantastic at maintaining indoor temperatures. Thanks to the air sealing power of foam insulation, heating and air conditioning systems do not have to cycle on and off all day long to maintain comfortable temperatures—this saves you money on monthly heating and cooling costs.
- Effective air barrier: If you want to fill all the gaps and crevices in your home to stop air leakage, then you should look into an air barrier like foam insulation. Since this insulation material prevents air leaks, it keeps the comfortable air circulating throughout your home. Foam is the best option because it provides both heat resistance and an effective air seal for houses and other structures. Ultimately, a foam air barrier can make your home more comfortable and lower your energy bills.
- Strengthens your home’s structure: Did you know that spray foam’s dense and rigid consistency improves your home’s structural integrity? For this reason, another great benefit of foam insulation is that it can actually strengthen your home’s walls and floorboards. Spray foam insulation has stopped floorboards from squeaking, even reduced moisture and termites—both of which are major contributors to structural damage.
- Gives your HVAC system a break: You do not want to experience an air conditioner breakdown in the middle of summer, but it happens quite often. To help your HVAC take it easy, consider installing spray foam insulation. Foam insulation can reduce the strain that’s put on your HVAC system, extending the life of these appliances and their components. This smart move means less wear and tear on your HVAC system and less money spent on repairs to the units.
You may still be asking yourself if foam insulation is worth the investment. Look at it this way: the initial cost of spray foam insulation may seem high, but when properly installed by a professional, it’s a long-term solution to maintaining energy efficiency and keeping utility bills low.
Contact the experts at 5 Star Performance Insulation, Inc. to learn more about the benefits of foam insulation in Sacramento, CA!