Most homeowners and business operators focus their insulation efforts on the walls and attics of their respective structures. Some savvy homeowners, however, have taken to insulating their floors to provide an extra layer of energy efficiency and comfort.
While floor insulation may not be suitable for everyone, there are a number of benefits associated with insulating floors in both homes and businesses. While insulating floors can be an effective way to reduce temperature changes in your space, it’s important to note that investing in floor insulation will not immediately make your home warmer. If you’re unsure about the effects and benefits associated with floor insulation, or are wondering whether your home or business is a good candidate for floor insulation, consider consulting with an insulation contractor in Sacramento, CA.
Here are just some of the reasons you may want to consider investing in floor insulation for your commercial or residential space:
- Draft elimination: One of the most noteworthy benefits of floor insulation is the fact that it helps to eliminate drafts in your home. If you have an older, particularly drafty building, floor insulation may be a viable solution for you.
- Better heat retention: More than 10 percent of a home’s heat is lost through the floor—you can prevent this heat loss, and make your home more energy efficient, by insulating your floors. Insulated floors aren’t heated floors, but they will improve the efficiency of your home.
- Creates a vapor barrier: Over time, moisture and condensation seeps in through your flooring, causing damage to your home’s frame and warping wood floors. Installing floor insulation can help you reduce the effects of this moisture by creating a vapor barrier.
- Reduces echoes and noise: If your home or business is subjected to loud external noises and facilitates lots of reverberations, floor insulation can help. Insulating the floor in your home is a great way to improve your interior acoustics. Floor insulation is a great choice for aspiring musicians, as well.
- Keeps pipes from freezing: One of the most frustrating and expensive things that can occur to a home or business is for the pipes to freeze. Frozen pipes are an expensive issue to fix, and they often result in extensive damage to your floors, walls and structural integrity. Floor insulation can help to prevent pipes from freezing.
- Helps in the heat: Like all forms of insulation, floor insulation doesn’t just save you energy expenses in the wintertime. Floor insulation also helps reduce the amount of heat that can pass into your home from the outside.
For more than two decades, 5 Star Performance Insulation, Inc. has been a premier insulation contractor in Sacramento, CA. We work in and around the greater Central Valley area, providing commercial and residential clients with high-quality insulation services. We’re proud to be the region’s most trusted source of insulation supplies, installation, maintenance and replacement. To learn more about our insulation services, and to find out if floor insulation is right for you, contact one of our friendly and knowledgeable representatives today.