There are few things more integral to the comfort of your home than proper insulation. It’s paramount that you have high-quality insulation installed in strategic areas throughout your abode. Without proper insulation, your home can be freezing cold in the wintertime and stiflingly hot in summer, even when you’re running your air conditioning at full blast.
Installing high-quality insulation at your home will allow you to minimize the amount of money that you spend on energy throughout the year and optimize your personal comfort. Working with an insulation company in Sacramento, CA will help you ensure that your home is as comfortable and energy efficient as possible throughout the year.
The quality of the insulation material that you install in your home is certainly important. Equally important, however, is the placement of the material within your home. Without proper placement, even the best insulation materials can be rendered virtually useless. If you don’t work with a highly skilled and experienced insulation company in Sacramento, CA, you may end up with incorrectly installed insulation materials.
Here are just some of the most significant places in your home to place insulation materials:
- Attics: Most of the heat that you generate in the wintertime will rise up and dissipate out of your attic. It’s important to ensure that you have an adequately insulated attic to prevent heat loss and minimize your wintertime energy expenses. You should insulate both the floor and the ceiling of your attic for maximum efficiency.
- Ducts: Spending money on heat won’t do you very much good if the air is cooling before it can even reach your vents. Talk to your insulation company in Sacramento, CA about insulating your ducts to keep your air either heated or cooled while it’s traveling through your home.
- Exterior walls: The exterior walls of your home should be heavily insulated. Make insulating your exterior walls a priority. You may also want to talk to your insulation contractors about installing sheathing with insulating properties on exterior walls, to optimize your investment in wall insulation.
- Garage ceilings: If there are rooms above an unheated and uninsulated garage, cold will seep up into those rooms from the floor. Consider investing in insulation for these floors and the garage ceiling to minimize the amount of energy that’s lost into your garage during both summer and winter months.
- Basements: Basements are relatively uncommon in California, but if you happen to have one, it should definitely be insulated. Basement insulation can help you stave off condensation and other problems.
Since 1995, 5 Star Performance Insulation, Inc. has been a premier insulation company in Sacramento, CA. We’re proud to provide high-quality insulation services to our diverse client base throughout the greater Sacramento area. We offer a range of insulation products and services to serve a wide variety of client needs. To learn more about ways that we can help you make your home more comfortable and energy efficient, please reach out to one of our friendly and highly qualified representatives today.