Insulating your home is an important step to keep both the summer heat and your utility bills under control. Spray foam insulation in Sacramento, CA can help to keep the Central Valley’s summer sun at bay, and ensures that your home remains comfortable and cozy through the region’s cold and damp winters.
While many people associate home insulation with the winter season, it is equally important to protect your home through the heat of the warmer months. Installing proper home insulation can help to minimize your air conditioning usage, and protect the integrity of your house’s envelope.
Spray foam insulation is a unique material that can maximize your energy savings and keep your home running as efficiently as possible. The substance is comprised of an inert polymer that expands to precisely fit the envelope of your home. It offers the following benefits:
- Intense insulation: Because spray foam expands to completely fill the area that it inhabits, it provides a much more comprehensive form of home insulation than traditional materials.
- Increased energy efficiency: Spray foam insulates your home more effectively than alternatives such as rigid foam or loose-fill fiberglass. This means that spray foam insulation will reduce your energy spending, and ultimately make your home more environmentally conscious.
- Superb sealing: Air leaks can be one of the most common causes of high energy consumption and, subsequently, high energy bills. Spray foam insulation is particularly suited to prevent air leaks from becoming an issue.
- Lower construction costs: Due to the energy saving-nature of spray foam insulation, homebuilders can elect to install smaller heating, ventilation and air condition (HVAC) systems. These can reduce overall construction costs, and make their maintenance and eventual replacement easier on the homeowner.
- Government rebates and tax credits: Retrofitting your existing home with environmentally conscious spray foam insulation can help homeowners to qualify for rebates and tax credit programs. Federal tax credits for renovating your home with qualified insulation are 10 percent of the cost of new materials, up to $500.
- Moisture protection: Weather and time can create small holes and cracks in the exterior of your home, which can lead to the elements entering and damaging the structure and walls of your house. Spray foam, however, creates an effective moisture barrier.
- Mold deterrent: Because spray foam insulation is composed of an inert polymer, mold and other undesirable bacteria cannot feed off of it. The moisture-retardant qualities of the insulation can also help to protect the frame and enveloping structure of your home.
- Longer lasting: Spray foam is virtually indestructible, and is designed to last almost indefinitely. Unlike many forms of insulation, spray foam’s performance does not degrade over the years, and its longevity also enhances its eco-friendliness, as it requires the production of fewer consumable products.
Protecting your home with spray foam insulation can save you money and upkeep. To figure out if this type of barrier is right for your abode, reach out to 5 Star Performance Insulation, Inc. You can learn all about the benefits of installing spray foam insulation in Sacramento, CA and beyond.