Summer’s back and the temps are high—and they’re going to stay high for quite a while! But that doesn’t mean you have to sweat it out. It also doesn’t mean you have to pay too much for good air conditioning. Your home’s insulation can make or break the effectiveness of your HVAC system. If you want to stay cool without breaking the bank, learning a bit about insulation is a good idea.
For the top team for insulation in Sacramento, CA, look no further—it’s 5 Star Performance Insulation, Inc. We know exactly how to insulate your home or business so that you can keep cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Here are all the ways you can keep yourself cool this summer that don’t involve blasting the AC:
- Stay hydrated: This is always important, no matter the time of year, but it’s particularly critical during the summer. Keep your body’s temperature regulated by drinking water frequently, especially if you plan on being active or outdoors. Keep a supply of water with you at all times. Don’t just drink when you’re thirsty, either—regular drinking is the best way to go.
- Choose the right foods: There’s a reason heavy foods like beef stew don’t appeal to you during the summer. Instead, choose salads and light meals so that your body doesn’t have to work harder digesting food and you stay well hydrated.
- Use the oven and stove sparingly: Using these appliances will raise the temperature in your house. Instead, try grilling outside, using the microwave or eating cold meals.
- Dress to stay cool: You might not think about it, but smaller accessory items like jewelry and scarves will mean that you’re warmer. Keep everything light and airy and choose practicality over style to stay cool this summer.
- Insulate your home: Once you’ve turned on the AC, you want to keep the cool air in your house and the warm air out. That means you need excellent insulation. Cracks and crevices in the insulation means that the cool air escapes and the warm air enters, counteracting all that hard work your air conditioner’s been doing. Make sure your insulation is up to snuff to save money while staying comfy.
When you need insulation in Sacramento, CA, turn to the experts at 5 Star Performance Insulation, Inc. We’ve been in the business for more than two decades and have over 30 years of experience in four states. We serve customers not only in Sacramento, but also extend to the Central Valley and the Sierras. Our top goal is to provide high-performance insulations systems, and we strive to make our customers happy every time.
We have a wide range of products to fit your needs, including spray-in-place, soy-based polyurethane, closed and open cell foam, all-borate stabilized cellulose, blow-in, drill and fill, dense pack, denim batts, formaldehyde-free fiberglass, boardstock and blow-in batts (upon request). Our team is licensed and has won numerous awards for excellent workmanship. Contact us right now for a free estimate!