Whether you need insulation installed in your home’s walls, attic or basement—and whether you require it for new home construction or for replacement purposes in an existing home—you will want to call on residential insulation contractors in Sacramento, CA who are experts in their field. To help you find the right contractor, here are five qualities to look for when hiring for an insulation job:
- An insulation contractor should have a good reputation: Between the Internet, word of mouth and doing your own research, finding reputable residential insulation contractors is a breeze. Start by searching the Internet for local insulation companies, and then search for the company or individual on the Better Business Bureau’s website to see if they have high ratings. To further confirm a solid reputation, check out a company’s professional accreditations and consider seeking out recommendations from family and friends.
- Knowledge and experience is important: Your home’s insulation is not only a necessary part of the internal structure—it’s also needed to keep the inside temperature cool in the summer and warm during winter. With this in mind, you will want knowledgeable and experienced residential insulation contractors in Sacramento, CA to professionally install your insulation. A good place to start is to visit their website’s “about us” page for information about how long they have been in the business, as well as prior customers’ reviews.
- Look up their licensing and insurance: Although not always the first thing you might check on, you should never hire someone who is not licensed or insured to do residential insulation work in your state. Look at it this way: no insurance and no contractor’s license means you could be held liable for any injuries sustained by their employees while doing a job on your property. Make sure they are covered so you can rest assured you won’t be responsible for accidents involving your contractor’s employees.
- Exceptional customer service is a must: From retail to food service to home maintenance services, these days, excellent customer service is crucial for the success of any company. Why would you pay to be treated badly? You wouldn’t. Companies or independent contractors should never let their employees do poor work or act in a rude manner—their reputation relies on giving customers 110 percent.
- They are happy to answer your questions: Before starting a job and while it’s in progress, a reputable insulation contractor will not hesitate to answer any questions you may have: Is your business license current? What do you charge for the kind of insulation installation work I need? Should an employee or I be injured on my property while you are working, are you covered by the proper insurance? Do you have a list of references I can contact?
The above qualities and more are what you should look for in an insulation contractor. As a homeowner, you have every right to want the best product used on your home and installed by the most qualified company that will get the job done right. Contact the team at 5 Star Performance Insulation, Inc. for knowledgeable residential insulation contractors in Sacramento, CA.