Home is the one place where we should feel safe from the elements and, depending on the weather, comfortably warm or cool: Your home’s insulation can help achieve this. With that in mind, here are six ways you can benefit from installing spray foam insulation in Sacramento, CA:
- Potential for lower energy bills: Large household appliances, the water heater and especially your HVAC system are big contributors to high energy costs. Since your air conditioner and heater provide indoor comfort, it’s not something you want to give up, nor should you. Instead, look into using a high quality insulation material for your home, like spray foam insulation, as it has the potential to leave you with a more reasonable energy bill every month.
- Improves energy efficiency: Imagine turning your heater or cooler on for a short amount of time, turning it off and then kicking back to enjoy a temperature that is just right. With properly insulated walls and ceilings, this can be a reality! Choose spray foam insulation for its airtight sealing qualities that help to improve your home’s energy efficiency. Recognition for energy efficiency is also given due to the fact that you are likely to use your HVAC less often.
- Adds value to your home: Installing spray foam insulation in Sacramento, CA can actually add value to your home. Your realtor can include it in his or her list of selling points, mentioning all the fantastic advantages of spray foam insulation. But don’t put in all new insulation material just because you’re thinking of selling—add it while you’re still living in your home to reap the benefits for yourself.
- Reduces drafts: Thanks to the expansive and air sealing nature of spray foam, you can rest easier knowing that the entire space in which the insulation is sprayed will get covered corner to corner. This reduces the possibility of cold drafts or hot spot formations, both of which will otherwise mess with the indoor temperature and cause increased energy use.
- Minimizes noise: Spray foam insulation is a great barrier for blocking out both exterior and interior noise. Whether you live near a super busy street or plumbing in the walls keeps you awake, you can save your sanity and enjoy the quiet when your walls are insulated with noise-minimizing insulation material.
- Perfect for allergy sufferers: If you or someone else in your household suffers from allergies, then spray foam insulation, which may improve indoor air quality, may be the best option for relief. Not only does this type of insulation seal tight to prevent air leaks, keeping pollen, dust and other air pollutants from entering your home, but it also doesn’t produce or house such particles. How is it free of allergens? Well, since the foam expands and solidifies, it cannot collect debris like other types of insulation materials can.
With the right home insulation, you’ll be living in comfort all year long. If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of spray foam insulation in Sacramento, CA, don’t hesitate to give 5 Star Performance Insulation, Inc. a call today and speak to one of our experts.