If you want to save energy and keep your bills low all year long, then make sure your home or business building has the right type of wall insulation installed. In many cases, those who install spray foam insulation in their walls, attics, crawlspaces and other areas are likely to see a significant drop in energy waste. This is because spray foam is an efficient, long-lasting insulation material that is made to seal up porous walls to keep the elements outside and your HVAC air inside. Talk to your local building insulation specialist to find out if this material is right for you.
Now, let’s review some of the many advantages of choosing to use spray foam insulation in Sacramento, CA:
- Spray foam can improve energy efficiency: The point of using your HVAC is to make the indoor environment more comfortable. With the right type of wall insulation material, you only have to turn the air or heat on for a short amount of time to reach your desired temperature, instead of leaving it on all day. Spray foam is airtight, which means a reduction in cold drafts and hot spot formation.
- Spray foam can lower energy bills: Simply put, when energy loss is stopped, you will start saving on monthly energy costs. Quality spray foam insulation material and proper installation service contributes greatly to energy efficiency in a way that other more traditional insulation materials cannot—it adds a thick layer of spray padding to fill in entire framed areas. Save energy, save money!
- Spray foam can banish allergens: Although seasonal allergies tend to be worse for allergy sufferers in the spring and fall months, allergens are a year-round problem. Pollen, dust, mold spores, grass and other contaminants travel through the air, landing inside homes and contributing to poor indoor air quality. One option for allergy relief is to install spray foam insulation that can seal buildings up tight to prevent air leaks and improve indoor air quality. And the material itself does not collect allergens—because the foam expands and solidifies, allergens and other particles cannot stick to it easily.
- Spray foam can block outside noise: Since spray foam insulation in Sacramento, CA expands to fill an area before solidifying, it is great at minimizing outside noise. Everything from plumbing in the walls to nearby vehicle traffic is blocked significantly, as sound cannot penetrate the structure easily.
- Spray foam can increase home value: Being able to add high quality spray foam insulation to your home’s list of selling points will most likely raise your property value. But it’s a better idea to get it installed with time to enjoy and reap the energy saving benefits, rather than putting it in right before you plan to sell.
For more information about the benefits and uses of residential or commercial spray foam insulation in Sacramento, CA, call the professionals at 5 Star Performance Insulation, Inc. Our job is to make sure you stay comfortable, and we strive to make every building we cater to as energy efficient as possible, for as long as possible. Contact our expert team today!